Let’s tear down 24 Sussex — and replace it with something we can be proud of

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Lord help them if the tent has a light bulb in it. How many members of TrueDope's entourage will it take to change the light bulb?
That is not the question. The question is how many hundreds of millions will he spend on single sourced "Friendly" consultants to figure that answer out?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Renovations are out of the picture in this case rebuilding rotten hulks never works.

Tear it down and rebuild new.

Note it was a POFS when Maureen McTeer wrote about it in the 80's

For sure!! It’s a 150+yr old 34 room money pit monstrosity. Get a track-hoe in there with a revolving handful of tandem dump trucks and scrap it. Start from scratch for a fraction of the cost of the Reno’s without the worry of asbestos or anything else.
1674701496824.jpeg
For a fraction of the claimed cost of the Reno’s ($37,000,000.00 or so the last I heard), you can pop up a modern yet functional McMansion with modern HVAC, plumbing, electrical, insulation, etc…& it can be tastefully covered in solar panels and windmills. Hell, it would even come with a warranty. Done deal.
1674702088355.jpeg
You can even bury a function garage hidden out back, for document storage.
1674702412043.jpeg

Reactions: harrylee

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
For sure!! It’s a 150+yr old 34 room money pit monstrosity. Get a track-hoe in there with a revolving handful of tandem dump trucks and scrap it. Start from scratch for a fraction of the cost of the Reno’s without the worry of asbestos or anything else.
View attachment 17097
For a fraction of the claimed cost of the Reno’s ($37,000,000.00 or so the last I heard), you can pop up a modern yet functional McMansion with modern HVAC, plumbing, electrical, insulation, etc…& it can be tastefully covered in solar panels and windmills. Hell, it would even come with a warranty. Done deal.
View attachment 17100
You can even bury a function garage hidden out back, for document storage.
View attachment 17101
And all communication and security can be the latest and greatest .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
What happened to doing regular maintenance? Apparently, government feel that's not necessary because the funds to rebuild and/or repair are "unlimited" so we'll just watch it fall apart & then "fix it." So much for the Commission who is supposed to be responsible for this. I grade them PPP!!!

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
What happened to doing regular maintenance? Apparently, government feel that's not necessary because the funds to rebuild and/or repair are "unlimited" so we'll just watch it fall apart & then "fix it." So much for the Commission who is supposed to be responsible for this. I grade them PPP!!!
Well in fairness this is partly the voters and media's fault as well. The building has needed major upgrades for many decades, but every PM has been afraid that if they spend even a single dollar on it the media will claim they're spending taxpayer's money on themsevles (which they absolutely would have) and people would get mad that our PM was living 'in luxury" while they slaved away (which the pm would have been anyway, there are no poor pm's).

So for political reasons nobody, be it CPC, PC or Liberal has ever dared to spend a nickle. We should have taken a little more pride in our history and our nation's assets and demanded it.

Now i think the best thing to do is knock it down and start again and this time demand it be taken care of.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well in fairness this is partly the voters and media's fault as well. The building has needed major upgrades for many decades, but every PM has been afraid that if they spend even a single dollar on it the media will claim they're spending taxpayer's money on themsevles (which they absolutely would have) and people would get mad that our PM was living 'in luxury" while they slaved away (which the pm would have been anyway, there are no poor pm's).

So for political reasons nobody, be it CPC, PC or Liberal has ever dared to spend a nickle. We should have taken a little more pride in our history and our nation's assets and demanded it.

Now i think the best thing to do is knock it down and start again and this time demand it be taken care of.
Harper was certainly not rich .