Would you pay to use your heated seats?

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I'm just curious.

A friend of mine and I were talking about how BMW in some countries will make you pay a monthly fee to activate the heated seats in your car.

The electronics and feature is already in the car you paid for but you cannot use it unless you pay the monthly subscription. (About 20 bucks a month)

Would you pay it?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Having the heated seats, or an extra 20hp, or other features that are already in the vehicle on a subscription basis would be a deal breaker for me.

XM Radio or OnStar are one thing, but this is just ridiculous. You’ve purchase the vehicle with heated seats installed in them (I’m sure they’re not thrown in for free) so they’re yours already & you’ve already paid for them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I would not pay for anything that is not currently a subscription service as a subscription service. If it was made subscription, not only would I not pay for it but I would want it removed from the vehicle or at least the options I am paying for in the sticker price.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I’d be figuring out a way to bypass the CPU and have them on a toggle-switch if push came to shove. Damned if I’d be paying someone rental on a subscription for something I’d have already bought and paid for.
yep, and remove that damn transponder that let's them know you're cheating while you're at it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’d be figuring out a way to bypass the CPU and have them on a toggle-switch if push came to shove. Damned if I’d be paying someone rental on a subscription for something I’d have already bought and paid for.
Lighter plug and a fuse. Chances are there is an "on" code by flipping switches in the car.

Reactions: Ron in Regina