We Are All Drug Dealers According to CDN Govt So They Want To Open Your Mail.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bill seeks to prevent drug trafficking through Canada Post

By Christopher Oldcorn Jun 11, 2023

A bill allowing police to inspect mail packages has passed the Second Reading in the Senate, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.

Currently, there is a law that stops the police from opening suspicious packages while they are being sent.

“This ban is far too broad,” said Sen. Claude Carignan (QC). The Canada Post Corporation Act was full of “loopholes” used by drug dealers.

“Traffickers have spread the word that there is much less risk of their packages being intercepted if they send them through Canada Post rather than through any other private courier company such as FedEx, UPS, Purolator or DHL,” said Carignan.

Bill S-256 An Act to Amend the Canada Post Corporation Act would permit police to intercept parcels in transit that are suspected of containing contraband. The current practice sees postal inspectors tip off police to suspicious mail for follow-up once it is delivered to a listed address.

“This bill will finally close the loophole that traffickers have been exploiting in the Canada Post Corporation Act,” said Carignan.

“This loophole, which only applies to items sent by Canada Post and not through other courier companies, means that traffickers prefer to do business with Canada Post because they know that this law deprives the police of their usual legal means of seizing, opening or tracking items containing lethal drugs.”

Senators gave the bill a Second Reading and sent it to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs committee for hearings. During testimony on May 22, Attorney General David Lametti stated that he might consider making more changes to the Post Corporation Act. These changes would give postal inspectors the ability to open letters as well.

“It is a little trickier than a package, so it needs more time,” said Lametti.

“It is an important question. I am open to looking at that moving forward.”

“How important is it for inspectors to be able to intercept letters?” asked Sen. Marty Klyne (SK).

“I appreciate the depth of your concern,” replied Lametti.

“I share those concerns as well as a general desire to make sure that our legitimate systems of communication aren’t being used for illegal purposes, especially one as tragic as trafficking fentanyl.”

“I share your belief in the importance of it.”

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Bill seeks to prevent drug trafficking through Canada Post

By Christopher Oldcorn Jun 11, 2023

A bill allowing police to inspect mail packages has passed the Second Reading in the Senate, according to Blacklock’s Reporter.

Currently, there is a law that stops the police from opening suspicious packages while they are being sent.

“This ban is far too broad,” said Sen. Claude Carignan (QC). The Canada Post Corporation Act was full of “loopholes” used by drug dealers.

“Traffickers have spread the word that there is much less risk of their packages being intercepted if they send them through Canada Post rather than through any other private courier company such as FedEx, UPS, Purolator or DHL,” said Carignan.

Bill S-256 An Act to Amend the Canada Post Corporation Act would permit police to intercept parcels in transit that are suspected of containing contraband. The current practice sees postal inspectors tip off police to suspicious mail for follow-up once it is delivered to a listed address.

“This bill will finally close the loophole that traffickers have been exploiting in the Canada Post Corporation Act,” said Carignan.

“This loophole, which only applies to items sent by Canada Post and not through other courier companies, means that traffickers prefer to do business with Canada Post because they know that this law deprives the police of their usual legal means of seizing, opening or tracking items containing lethal drugs.”

Senators gave the bill a Second Reading and sent it to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs committee for hearings. During testimony on May 22, Attorney General David Lametti stated that he might consider making more changes to the Post Corporation Act. These changes would give postal inspectors the ability to open letters as well.

“It is a little trickier than a package, so it needs more time,” said Lametti.

“It is an important question. I am open to looking at that moving forward.”

“How important is it for inspectors to be able to intercept letters?” asked Sen. Marty Klyne (SK).

“I appreciate the depth of your concern,” replied Lametti.

“I share those concerns as well as a general desire to make sure that our legitimate systems of communication aren’t being used for illegal purposes, especially one as tragic as trafficking fentanyl.”

“I share your belief in the importance of it.”

Can they not scan the packages to determine what's in them b4 opening like they do at CBPS?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Dogs are good, but pigs are better, and bears are best of all. So if the cops resist switching over to drug-sniffing pigs, get 'em bears. That's pretty badass.
Fun story, but my first encounter with a drug sniffing dog was while exiting Cuba the first time I had been there.

I’ve been around dogs all my life, so I have some conditioned reflexes. I’m standing in line (the Cue) in a communist country, and these are long lines…waiting to get to the front as I slide my luggage along with my feet, etc…& eventually, I feel a dog sniffing my pant leg. The line was to get your passport stamped, and to pay the exit fee ($25 CUC) in order to leave the country.

Without thinking or looking, I just reached down and start scratching it, because that’s what you do (or at least that’s what I do). A relative in another line not far away, calls my name and points behind me.

I looked down and it’s a beagle, on a leash, and then I follow the leash backwards and realize the other end is connected to a soldier with an automatic weapon, and he doesn’t look that happy. Whoops!

(I had a single pair of pants rolled up in the bottom of my luggage for the last week for the flight home because I was going from +30°C to -40°C in a six hour flight, and I’m assuming they must’ve had some cat hair and other dog scent, etc…on them)

Anyway, he could see that I obviously didn’t realize what was happening, and I apologized, and the dog didn’t react in whatever matter it would have if I was actually some kind of drug smuggler, and all’s well that ends well. I wouldn’t advise anybody to intentionally do this.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Fun story, but my first encounter with a drug sniffing dog was while exiting Cuba the first time I had been there.

I’ve been around dogs all my life, so I have some conditioned reflexes. I’m standing in line (the Cue) in a communist country, and these are long lines…waiting to get to the front as I slide my luggage along with my feet, etc…& eventually, I feel a dog sniffing my pant leg. The line was to get your passport stamped, and to pay the exit fee ($25 CUC) in order to leave the country.

Without thinking or looking, I just reached down and start scratching it, because that’s what you do (or at least that’s what I do). A relative in another line not far away, calls my name and points behind me.

I looked down and it’s a beagle, on a leash, and then I follow the leash backwards and realize the other end is connected to a soldier with an automatic weapon, and he doesn’t look that happy. Whoops!

(I had a single pair of pants rolled up in the bottom of my luggage for the last week for the flight home because I was going from +30°C to -40°C in a six hour flight, and I’m assuming they must’ve had some cat hair and other dog scent, etc…on them)

Anyway, he could see that I obviously didn’t realize what was happening, and I apologized, and the dog didn’t react in whatever matter it would have if I was actually some kind of drug smuggler, and all’s well that ends well. I wouldn’t advise anybody to intentionally do this.
I would probably do the same thing.