Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This response can be observed in most big issues of the past decade:
…where being in opposition to allegedly progressive dogmas is not a matter of opinion but a matter of heresy. The left has neatly constructed around them what Greg Lukianoff calls the “rhetorical fortress,” wherein one believes that “only bad people have bad opinions.” Having diminished the worth of the person holding an opposing view, it is easy to dismiss them, shut one’s ears and never learn anything new.

Run this test with any issue you please. Concerned about race-based hiring? Bigot. Don’t think children should get puberty blockers? Trans-exclusionary radical feminist. Support Israel? Supporter of genocide. Don’t want safe supply and rampant drug use in the streets? You want addicts to die. Even the most mundane issues, such as capital gains inclusion rates, can see opponents tarred as hateful for not caring about intergenerational fairness. Demonize and dismiss rather than discuss and debate is now the modus operandi of a self-appointed elect here to save us all.

If the ruling class is surprised by the backlash it feels is underway, the answer is to look in the mirror and stop dismissing Canadians who are hurting. Telling citizens that what they’re seeing every day isn’t actually happening is a poor way to admit error. Our leaders may be smart, but they’re bad learners.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, it’s Monday morning in the new 338 poll is out…& it is showing that the liberal bounce from the budget is a bust:
1714395275202.jpeg
But I am having a bit of disillusionment and am questioning the results of the forecast for Saskatchewan here:
1714395348737.jpeg
The forecast for potential coalitions, even non-coalition coalitions that definitely aren’t coalition-type coalitions remains about the same too.
1714395485107.jpeg
A lot of the new spending was directed towards generation Xers and millennials, a voting bloc that has helped keep the Liberals in power. But that same group has grown disenchanted with the government. And according to polling, the government’s big spending did not give the party the political reboot it had hoped for.

Earlier, there were signs it likely wouldn’t play because, as the government released most of the budget in the weeks leading up to the official tabling in Parliament and pre-budget, the polling was bad.

According to Angus Reid, a majority of Canadians believed that Ottawa was spending too much, and that cuts were in order. A song straight from Pierre Poilievre’s political hymn book.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In all seriousness, I do expect some gerrymandering from this government before the next election. I can see it in Ontario. Ontario is huge. 95% of Ontario is rural, small towns or barren wilderness. These have large ridings which tend to go with the prevailing political direction aside from a couple party strongholds. The next group of ridings is the suburbs of Toronto, the towns in the GTA and the suburbs of Ottawa. They also tend to go with the political wind. However, inside the core of Ottawa and Toronto lie a large collection of voters who live in their own little world. They have been indoctrinated for years about the evils of conservatism and will vote Liberal without even turning on their brain. Right now these have a fairly large number of ridings and likely most of the Liberal numbers on the Ontario charts you have posted. I fully expect the 99 ridings in Ontario likely to turn to 109 with all 10 new ridings added to the cores of Toronto and Ottawa. It will likely be slid in with some other bill with the hope noone will notice.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
This response can be observed in most big issues of the past decade:
…where being in opposition to allegedly progressive dogmas is not a matter of opinion but a matter of heresy. The left has neatly constructed around them what Greg Lukianoff calls the “rhetorical fortress,” wherein one believes that “only bad people have bad opinions.” Having diminished the worth of the person holding an opposing view, it is easy to dismiss them, shut one’s ears and never learn anything new.

Run this test with any issue you please. Concerned about race-based hiring? Bigot. Don’t think children should get puberty blockers? Trans-exclusionary radical feminist. Support Israel? Supporter of genocide. Don’t want safe supply and rampant drug use in the streets? You want addicts to die. Even the most mundane issues, such as capital gains inclusion rates, can see opponents tarred as hateful for not caring about intergenerational fairness. Demonize and dismiss rather than discuss and debate is now the modus operandi of a self-appointed elect here to save us all.

If the ruling class is surprised by the backlash it feels is underway, the answer is to look in the mirror and stop dismissing Canadians who are hurting. Telling citizens that what they’re seeing every day isn’t actually happening is a poor way to admit error. Our leaders may be smart, but they’re bad learners.
They're inept, incompetent & corrupt!

Reactions: petros

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is it too soon to start taking bets on how many seats the Conservatives will get October 27th, 2025? ‘Cuz if not I’m going with 242 of 343. Just over 70%.
I still think it is too early to count chickens. Back in 20?? Iggy was leader of the Liberals. An election had been called and he was massively ahead in the polls. Look how he wound up. I still think the Ontario and Quebec Conservative votes are soft. TrueDope is an expert at turning them into frightened little Lieberal voters. I hope it holds but .....

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Is it too soon to start taking bets on how many seats the Conservatives will get October 27th, 2025? ‘Cuz if not I’m going with 242 of 343. Just over 70%.
I still think it is too early to count chickens. Back in 20?? Iggy was leader of the Liberals. An election had been called and he was massively ahead in the polls. Look how he wound up. I still think the Ontario and Quebec Conservative votes are soft. TrueDope is an expert at turning them into frightened little Lieberal voters. I hope it holds but .....
The mushy middle and their corporate marionette’s will simply move support to conservatives and flood them with money and bad advice . Anyone for a glass of milk ?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, this is interesting. This last weeks scandals & shenanigans include:
1) More out about ArriveCan…
2) More out about the Winnipeg Lab Chinese Scientists CPC thing…
3) Announcement of the non-Pharmacare non-universal non-deal deal to extend the non-coalition coalition that’s definitely not a coalition-type coalition between the Liberal/NDPs & the NDP/Liberals..
4) The Bill Censorship-63 Internet thing that they’re claiming is to just to protect the children but also is an omnibus kettle of fish…
5) The Canadian Housing Accelerator Plan showing its cracks to expose itself for what it really is…
6) Trudeau & Italy’s Meloni not being able to meet in Toronto due to Hamas/Palestine protesters, etc…
View attachment 21333But…Trudeau flew into Alberta and out without announcing it to the Alberta gov’t and slagged Alberta for an Eastern audience…& is throwing out a “No Soup For You!” in Saskatchewan’s direction to show he’s a strongman…so what happened in the polls this week??

The Conservatives & NDP/Liberals went down, but the Liberal/NDP’s went up in Eastern Canadian ridings. Go figure…
View attachment 21334
The Liberal/NDP’s potentially went up 2 seats in ON from the Conservatives (due to the anti-Alberta stance ‘cuz just western rednecks in Alberta that don’t know what’s good for them) & 1 in Labrador from the NDP/Liberals (due to Jagmeet settling for magic beans instead of anything of any substance).
View attachment 21335