the "blackface toonie"

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
1699213242457.png

anyone get the "blackface"-toonie yet?
got one of these in circulation the other day and thought, 'gee, is someone at the royal canajun mint rubbing the blackface traitor's nose in it?' lol
turns out it's a commemorative issue for QEII,
though I have no idea why she should want to have her memory sullied by the traitorous blackface son of a royalty mocking pirouetting prick.
you?
I wonder what Chuck the Turd thinks. lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
View attachment 19921

got one of these in circulation the other day and thought, 'gee, is someone at the royal canajun mint rubbing the blackface traitor's nose in it?' lol
though I have no idea why she should want to have her memory sullied by the traitorous blackface son of a royalty mocking pirouetting prick.
you?
Yup, a few but they aren't that black.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
As much as possible. So far, it isn't microchipped, so the government can't track yur purchases.
What would the government do with this information? And why would I care? And even if I bought into this tinfoil hat theory, there is such a thing as too much information. It just becomes noise.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What would the government do with this information? And why would I care? And even if I bought into this tinfoil hat theory, there is such a thing as too much information. It just becomes noise.
That data is priceless for sociologists, civil planners, marketers, and the taxman.

You don't want to be undertaxed for overconsumption would you? If they wanted to tax toilet paper usage this is how it would be done.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Matter of principle. Same reason I never fill out census data. The government doesn’t need to know how many bathrooms my house has. Besides which the building department of the regional district should already have that information.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep. There was a movie called "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith as a guy who the gol-dang gummint was tracking with computers, Big Data, satellites, and what-have-you. I worked at a Sooper Seekrit Spy Agency at the time, and a couple of people asked me if that was really possible. I replied "The bad news is: yes, it is possible. The good news is that the Sooper Seekrit Spy Agencies can only afford to do it to one or two people a year."

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Statue of Queen Elizabeth unveiled on grounds of Ontario legislature
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Published Nov 07, 2023 • Last updated 8 hours ago • 2 minute read
The newly placed statue honouring the late Queen Elizabeth II is unveiled at Queen's Park in Toronto on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023.
The newly placed statue honouring the late Queen Elizabeth II is unveiled at Queen's Park in Toronto on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023. PHOTO BY NATHAN DENETTE /THE CANADIAN PRESS
A newly placed statue of the late Queen Elizabeth was unveiled Tuesday at the Ontario legislature, marking the end of a years-long delay for the commemorative sculpture.

The bronze statue was designed and hand-sculpted by artist Ruth Abernethy and depicts Queen Elizabeth in 1977 on the throne in the Senate, delivering a speech on Canadian unity.

Lt.-Gov. Elizabeth Dowdeswell said she hopes people who see the sculpture will think about the queen’s life of service, about democracy and about reconciliation.

“In these times especially, symbols are so paramount,” she said.

“They carry entire stories within themselves. They stand in for the narratives by which we make sense of the world around us. They encourage us to pause, reflect and sometimes to explore and even challenge those stories, but to bring them understanding and deeper meaning. Designed to last for generations, this particular symbol embodies the continuity of her majesty and her commitment to service that lasted multiple generations.”

The Queen Elizabeth statue joins a statue of Queen Victoria elsewhere on the grounds of the legislature, which is known as Queen’s Park. Meanwhile, a decision has still not been made about what to do with a John A. Macdonald statue on the legislature grounds that’s been boarded up for three years after being the target of repeated vandalism.

Queen Elizabeth and Dowdeswell spoke about the path to reconciliation during Dowdeswell’s official audience with the queen, the viceregal said Tuesday.

“For me, when I look up at this statue on this land covered by Treaty 13, I reflect on the role of the Crown and on its relationships with Indigenous Peoples, a relationship that stretches back for hundreds of years and one that her majesty took very seriously.”

Sol Mamakwa, the New Democratic representative for the riding of Kiiwetinoong and a member of the Kingfisher Lake First Nation, has previously said the monarch stands as an enduring symbol of the failure of the Crown to uphold its treaty obligations to Indigenous Peoples.

Chief R. Donald Maracle of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte was on hand Tuesday to offer prayers and Young Creek Big Drum, Anishinaabe from the Wikwemikong First Nation performed drumming and singing.

The statue was conceived as a privately backed project to be unveiled in 2017, but fundraising efforts fell short so the government allocated $1.5 million to get the statue installed.

Premier Doug Ford said the statue is a tribute to a monarch who loved this country, which she visited often.

“(The statue) celebrates her 70 years of dedication and service to the people of Canada, the United Kingdom and the entire Commonwealth,” he said.

“It will serve as a lasting symbol of our traditions and values, and we hope to educate and inspire visitors to Queen’s Park today and for generations to come.”
20231107121128-67a59936192f24be05ca04f2764ec26ca9818b27d5761247494a5f6431716110-scaled-e169937...jpg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
View attachment 19921

you?
it would have been funny if the center part had been black. ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Statue of Queen Elizabeth unveiled on grounds of Ontario legislature
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Published Nov 07, 2023 • Last updated 8 hours ago • 2 minute read
The newly placed statue honouring the late Queen Elizabeth II is unveiled at Queen's Park in Toronto on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023.
The newly placed statue honouring the late Queen Elizabeth II is unveiled at Queen's Park in Toronto on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023. PHOTO BY NATHAN DENETTE /THE CANADIAN PRESS
A newly placed statue of the late Queen Elizabeth was unveiled Tuesday at the Ontario legislature, marking the end of a years-long delay for the commemorative sculpture.

The bronze statue was designed and hand-sculpted by artist Ruth Abernethy and depicts Queen Elizabeth in 1977 on the throne in the Senate, delivering a speech on Canadian unity.

Lt.-Gov. Elizabeth Dowdeswell said she hopes people who see the sculpture will think about the queen’s life of service, about democracy and about reconciliation.

“In these times especially, symbols are so paramount,” she said.

“They carry entire stories within themselves. They stand in for the narratives by which we make sense of the world around us. They encourage us to pause, reflect and sometimes to explore and even challenge those stories, but to bring them understanding and deeper meaning. Designed to last for generations, this particular symbol embodies the continuity of her majesty and her commitment to service that lasted multiple generations.”

The Queen Elizabeth statue joins a statue of Queen Victoria elsewhere on the grounds of the legislature, which is known as Queen’s Park. Meanwhile, a decision has still not been made about what to do with a John A. Macdonald statue on the legislature grounds that’s been boarded up for three years after being the target of repeated vandalism.

Queen Elizabeth and Dowdeswell spoke about the path to reconciliation during Dowdeswell’s official audience with the queen, the viceregal said Tuesday.

“For me, when I look up at this statue on this land covered by Treaty 13, I reflect on the role of the Crown and on its relationships with Indigenous Peoples, a relationship that stretches back for hundreds of years and one that her majesty took very seriously.”

Sol Mamakwa, the New Democratic representative for the riding of Kiiwetinoong and a member of the Kingfisher Lake First Nation, has previously said the monarch stands as an enduring symbol of the failure of the Crown to uphold its treaty obligations to Indigenous Peoples.

Chief R. Donald Maracle of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte was on hand Tuesday to offer prayers and Young Creek Big Drum, Anishinaabe from the Wikwemikong First Nation performed drumming and singing.

The statue was conceived as a privately backed project to be unveiled in 2017, but fundraising efforts fell short so the government allocated $1.5 million to get the statue installed.

Premier Doug Ford said the statue is a tribute to a monarch who loved this country, which she visited often.

“(The statue) celebrates her 70 years of dedication and service to the people of Canada, the United Kingdom and the entire Commonwealth,” he said.

“It will serve as a lasting symbol of our traditions and values, and we hope to educate and inspire visitors to Queen’s Park today and for generations to come.”
View attachment 19943
speaking of blackface...;)

Reactions: 55Mercury