McDonald's bringing Chicken Big Mac to Canada

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Published Mar 03, 2023 • Last updated 2 days ago • 1 minute read
Chicken Big Mac
The wait is over, McDonald’s Canada welcomes a new twist on a classic with the Chicken Big Mac. PHOTO BY CNW GROUP /McDonalds Canada
Mark March 7th on your calendars, McDonald’s lovers, because that’s when the Chicken Big Mac arrives in Canada.

Gone are the two all-beef patties, which will be replaced with two crispy chicken breasts, but the rest remains the same – special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, all on a sesame-seed bun. (Yes, the song will be stuck in your heads, too.)

While the Chicken Big Mac is new to McDonald’s menus, people have been creating it on their own for years, whether they are taking the chicken out of a snack wrap and swapping out the beef in a Big Mac, or hacking their McChicken or McCrispy by slathering it with Big Mac sauce.

Canada’s version of the Chicken Big Mac was created by a Torontonian, who took two years to come up with two “totally original” patties unique to the limited-time sandwich.

Similar sandwiches have been available in other countries included India, Egypt, Curacao, Mexico, the Bahamas and Italy.

The Chicken Big Mac took off in the U.K. last year and sold out in less than two weeks, and launched in the U.S. last summer, also to great success.

Will Canadians feel the same way? Based on social media reaction, it’s been a long time coming and people are already lovin’ it.

“Just learned that @McDonaldsCanada will have a #ChickenBigMac starting March 7th,” one person tweeted. “I will be sure to check it out to see if it lives up to the hype but due to Lent, I will not have it on a Wednesday or Friday.”

That leaves the other five days of the week.

“I’m going to take my wife out for dinner on March 7,” one lucky woman’s husband wrote.

Another added, “The Canadian eater wins again!”
McDonald_s_Canada_McDonald_s_Canada_prepares_to_welcome_the_Chic-scaled-e1677865504628[1].jpg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Published Mar 03, 2023 • Last updated 2 days ago • 1 minute read
Chicken Big Mac
The wait is over, McDonald’s Canada welcomes a new twist on a classic with the Chicken Big Mac. PHOTO BY CNW GROUP /McDonalds Canada
Mark March 7th on your calendars, McDonald’s lovers, because that’s when the Chicken Big Mac arrives in Canada.

Gone are the two all-beef patties, which will be replaced with two crispy chicken breasts, but the rest remains the same – special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, all on a sesame-seed bun. (Yes, the song will be stuck in your heads, too.)

While the Chicken Big Mac is new to McDonald’s menus, people have been creating it on their own for years, whether they are taking the chicken out of a snack wrap and swapping out the beef in a Big Mac, or hacking their McChicken or McCrispy by slathering it with Big Mac sauce.

Canada’s version of the Chicken Big Mac was created by a Torontonian, who took two years to come up with two “totally original” patties unique to the limited-time sandwich.

Similar sandwiches have been available in other countries included India, Egypt, Curacao, Mexico, the Bahamas and Italy.

The Chicken Big Mac took off in the U.K. last year and sold out in less than two weeks, and launched in the U.S. last summer, also to great success.

Will Canadians feel the same way? Based on social media reaction, it’s been a long time coming and people are already lovin’ it.

“Just learned that @McDonaldsCanada will have a #ChickenBigMac starting March 7th,” one person tweeted. “I will be sure to check it out to see if it lives up to the hype but due to Lent, I will not have it on a Wednesday or Friday.”

That leaves the other five days of the week.

“I’m going to take my wife out for dinner on March 7,” one lucky woman’s husband wrote.

Another added, “The Canadian eater wins again!”
View attachment 17539
would have preferred both big macs if they had relish instead of pickles. 🍔 💡

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You'll enjoy it. Far better than KFC/PFK.
The last time I ordered in chicken it was from Mary Brown's, and it was still the best chicken place. It costs almost as much as KFC but you actually get full-size chicken pieces, not those freaky little mutant midget chickens KFC (and Swiss Chalet) gets. And the white meat isn't drier than a popcorn fart.

Reactions: harrylee

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The last time I ordered in chicken it was from Mary Brown's, and it was still the best chicken place. It costs almost as much as KFC but you actually get full-size chicken pieces, not those freaky little mutant midget chickens KFC (and Swiss Chalet) gets. And the white meat isn't drier than a popcorn fart.
Chesters is the best if you can find it.

Reactions: Ron in Regina