Joe Biden

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Papua New Guinea leader takes offence after Biden implies his uncle was eaten by cannibals
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Rod Mcguirk
Published Apr 22, 2024 • 3 minute read

MELBOURNE, Australia — Papua New Guinea’s Prime Minister James Marape accused Joe Biden of disparaging the South Pacific island nation by implying that an uncle of the U.S. president had been eaten by “cannibals” there during the Second World War.

Biden’s comments offended a key strategic ally as China moves to increase its influence in the region.

The president spoke at a Pennsylvania war memorial last week about his Army Air Corps aviator uncle Second Lt. Ambrose J. Finnegan Jr., whom he said was shot down over Papua New Guinea, which was a theatre of heavy fighting.

“They never found the body because there used to be — there were a lot of cannibals for real in that part of New Guinea,” Biden said, referring to the country’s main island.

Marape said in a statement on Sunday that Biden “appeared to imply his uncle was eaten by cannibals.”

“President Biden’s remarks may have been a slip of the tongue; however, my country does not deserve to be labeled as such,” Marape said in a statement provided by his office to The Associated Press on Monday.

“World War II was not the doing of my people; however, they were needlessly dragged into a conflict that was not their doing,” Marape added.

The rift comes as Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese began a visit on Monday to Papua New Guinea, Australia’s nearest neighbor. Albanese and Marape will commemorate strong defense ties between the two countries by walking part of a pivotal battle ground known as the Kokoda Track later this week.

“I’m very confident that PNG has no stronger partner than Australia and our defense and security ties have never been stronger,” Albanese told reporters before departing Australia.

The U.S. Embassy in Port Moresby did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.

However, on Friday White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Biden was speaking to the bravery of his uncle and the many U.S. service members that put their lives on the line.

“He takes this very seriously. His uncle, who served and protected this country, lost his life serving. And that should matter,” she said.

Biden’s account that Finnegan’s plane was shot down was not supported by military records. Finnegan was a passenger on a Douglas A-20 Havoc transport plane that crashed into the ocean after both engines failed on May 14, 1944, according to a Pentagon report.

One crew member survived but no trace was found of the plane or three other people on board, including Finnegan.

Marape’s statement was released on the same day he met China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Port Moresby to discuss building closer relations.

Marape also called on the U.S. to find its war dead in Papua New Guinea’s jungles and to clean up the wreckage of war.

“The remains of WWII lie scattered all over PNG, including the plane that carried President Biden’s uncle,” Marape said.

“Perhaps, given President Biden’s comments and the strong reaction from PNG and other parts of the world, it is time for the USA to find as many remains of World War II in PNG as possible, including those of servicemen who lost their lives like Ambrose Finnegan,” he said.

“The theatres of war in PNG and Solomon Islands are many, and littered with the remains of WWII including human remains, plane wrecks, ship wrecks, tunnels and bombs. Our people daily live with the fear of being killed by detonated bombs of WWII,” Marape added.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Joe Biden's latest gaffe belongs in blunder hall of fame
U.S. president seemingly forgets how to use teleprompter during latest speech mix-up

Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Apr 24, 2024 • Last updated 2 days ago • 1 minute read

Just imagine how badly Joe Biden might butcher a speech in four more years.

Considering his latest gaffe, one can only guess how much worse it might get should he find his way back to the Oval Office for a second presidential term.

During a speech at a trade union conference in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, Biden went full Ron Burgandy in Anchorman while relying on the teleprompter in what can only be described as a sad moment for the U.S. president.

“Imagine what we can do next,” the Democrat told his audience before things turned super-cringe.

“Four more years. Pause,” Biden said, clearly reading “pause” from the teleprompter, which was directing him to briefly stop, not say the word.

When he wasn’t messing up behind the mic, Biden was blasting presumptive Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as being anti-union and a defender of the ultra-wealthy.

Biden’s teleprompter mess-up is the latest in a long list of gaffes.

Just on Tuesday, he mistakenly said he and his party “can’t be trusted.”

Social media users were beside themselves following the “pause” blunder.

“He’s not going to make it four more months,” one commenter quipped.

“They want four more years of a puppet reading a script. We prefer a leader who’s got a grip,” another person posted.

“I want the last four years back,” another X user posted.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
OnlyFans creator Farha Khalidi claims Biden admin paid her for 'political propaganda'
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Apr 30, 2024 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

A social media personality has claimed that the Biden administration paid her to promote a Black female judge nominated for the U.S. Supreme Court.

OnlyFans creator and TikTok star Farha Khalidi, who sat down recently with conservative political commentator Richard Hanania for his podcast, spoke about being compensated for spreading “political propaganda” on TikTok.

Hanania asked how she got started on social media and when it turned into paid posts.

“I was taking ads by the time I graduated college from the Biden administration, Planned Parenthood and dating apps and stuff,” Khalidi said, according to a video clip shared to X. “So it was fully financially sustaining me.”

“So you were getting — the Biden administration was buying ads from you?” Hanania asked.

“Yeah, I was doing full-on political propaganda,” Khalidi replied.

Khalidi, who has more than 1.8 million followers on TikTok and 119,000 on Instagram, explained that Biden’s people didn’t want her to disclose the fact that it was an advertisement as it technically wasn’t a product being promoted.

“Because I think they just wanted some edgy girl of colour to just tell people — like when they nominated Ketanji Brown Jackson, they’re like, ‘Can you say as a person of colour,’ you know, that you feel ‘reflected?'” Khalidi said.

“It’s, like, a white woman emailing this and she’s giving me this script. And I’m like, ‘No,’ and she’s like, ‘Please,’ and I’m like, ‘No.’ I’ll talk about the news of it, but I’m not gonna have a white person tell me to be like, ‘This is how I feel as a person of colour.’ It’s just so — I think that black-pilled me slightly on political propaganda.”

Khalidi clarified that the Biden administration used a third-party media company to relay its message on the Supreme Court nominee, but she rejected their talking points.

“Yeah, they’re basically [saying], ‘As another Black person, can you just say that you feel reflected by Ketanji?'” Khalidi said “I’m like, ‘No, I’ll talk about Ketanji’s background and her accomplishments,’ but you know what I mean? I’m not gonna say the corny stuff, even if it was a brown person emailing it to me.”