Alec Baldwin fired shot that killed one, wounded another on film set

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Quick story: Way way back, a long long time ago, when I was training recruits in the art of grenade throwing, one of my recruits tossed a dud. We went through the normal wait procedure, and then I, being the range safety NCO, had to assess and disarm. In front of the entire troop, I moved very slowly out onto the range and to the grenade. When I got close enough, I saw that the safety clip had not been removed when the pin was pulled, so the spoon had not ejected. I looked around, took a deep breath, and snatched it up. I walked back to the bunker, put a pin back in it, gave it to another instructor, and went outside the bunker for a smoke to be alone for a few minutes. I could hear the recruits talking about me. "What balls. Hard fucking core. Nerves of fucking steel. Fearless!" I could barely light the cigarette, my whole body was shaking.

As the Armourer, she is ultimately responsible. That was her leadership role.
But Baldwin should never have pointed an unchecked gun at anybody. You never let anyone, including the control, tell you a weapon is safe; once you hold it, you're the one responsible for its safe handling. Baldwin was the classic moron in this.

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
They can edit in whole characters in CGI. Certainly they can edit in a sound of a gun.
I actually saw (either W5 or another program like it) where a man who lives in Quebec actually does exactly that for Hollywood. He has manufactured all kinds of items to make the sounds required in movies. I was quite impressed by the genius of the guy & what sounds he was able to make with various objects. I also didn't realize that many sounds are added after the movie has been completed - like the sound of fist fights as an example. It's pretty cool!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I actually saw (either W5 or another program like it) where a man who lives in Quebec actually does exactly that for Hollywood. He has manufactured all kinds of items to make the sounds required in movies. I was quite impressed by the genius of the guy & what sounds he was able to make with various objects. I also didn't realize that many sounds are added after the movie has been completed - like the sound of fist fights as an example. It's pretty cool!
Up until just a few years ago audio was 100% done after filming.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Alec Baldwin clashes with 'Free Palestine' protester: 'Why did you kill that lady?'
Actor slaps agitator's phone away in viral exchange

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Published Apr 24, 2024 • Last updated 1 day ago • 4 minute read

Alec Baldwin was caught on camera getting into a tussle with “ambush interviewer” Crackhead Barney, who berated the actor as she demanded he say “Free Palestine” on video.

The Oscar nominee was at the cash register on the phone inside a New York City coffee shop when the troublemaker began to relentlessly harass him.

“Alec, can you please say ‘Free Palestine’ one time,” the far-left activist said. “Free Palestine, Alec, just one time, and I’ll leave you alone,” she continued. “I’ll leave you alone, I swear.”

In the midst of a phone call, the 30 Rock star initially didn’t engage, but the provocateur then brought up the October 2021 shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust, a movie Baldwin produced and stars in, calling him a “f—ing criminal.”

Baldwin allegedly discharged the firearm that took Hutchins’ life but has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. He’s set to go on trial this summer.

Earlier this month, Rust’s armourer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who supervised weaponry on set, was sentenced to 18 months in prison after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Hutchins’ death.

“Why did you kill that lady? You killed that lady and got no jail time. No jail time, Alec. They’re putting innocent people in jail Alec Baldwin,” the agitator continued. “Just say Free Palestine one time … f— Israel, f— Zionism.”

Baldwin told Crackhead Barney to “get out” and asked an employee to call the police. As the nearly one-minute video came to an end, he then violently slapped the phone out of her hand.

Crackhead Barney shared a clip of their exchange on X, where it racked up nearly 13 million views by Wednesday morning.

“White devil Alec Baldwin attacked me. While I was trying to get coffee,” she captioned the video.

As the interaction went viral, X added a community note at the bottom of the clip that reads, “The person filming this video was not ‘trying to get coffee.’ They repeatedly and viciously harassed Alec Baldwin and refused to leave the establishment when asked to by the staff. There is also no evidence they were attacked.”

On social media, an overwhelming number of viewers praised Baldwin’s restraint.

“He should have just been left alone. Why do we need his opinion on Palestine and why would he give it after being accused him of murdering someone? Quick get your phone it’s Alec Baldwin let’s harass him real quick,” one person wrote on Reddit, with another adding, “These f—ing activists are the absolute worst. So smug and sanctimonious. Great restraint from Alec not to smack the s— out of that a–hole.”

When reached for comment, a publicist for Crackhead Barney told Entertainment Weekly that she hoped the incident would expose “double standards of society in the U.S.”

“My performance art and confrontational media is a statement about the double standards of society in the U.S. As the U.S. supports Israel in the genocide of Palestinians, here at home powerful people maintain a facade of politeness and dignity while we export death and terror around the world,” the statement reads. “Amid mass protests and public calls for an end to U.S. support of Israel, the entertainment industry has been largely silent, and in some cases, even supportive of Israel’s genocide. This cannot stand, and people deserve to be confronted with the horrors our nation funds and supports. I stand with the movement for Palestinian liberation and the end of the apartheid state of Israel as we know it. Free Palestine, end the occupation, end the settlements, and end U.S. Imperialism.”

The New York Post reported that as the scuffle continued onto the street, Crackhead Barney was heard saying Baldwin “assaulted me, I should press charges.”

The video comes after Baldwin became embroiled in a back-and-forth with a vocal group of anti-Israel protesters in December when they spotted him near a demonstration and tried to criticize him for supporting Israel in its war against Hamas.

As they took aim at the actor’s “tanking” career, Baldwin, 66, quickly fired back in footage that was livestreamed and went viral on social media.

One person could be heard yelling, “Whose pocket are you in?”

“I’m in Hollywood’s pocket, you say? You’ve already got your mind made up,” Baldwin responded. “You ask stupid questions,” he continued as his voice began to rise. “Ask me a smart question, and I’ll answer your question.”

The three-time Emmy winner gamely tried to keep his cool as protesters tried to engage with him.

“You’re not bigger than us because you’re white and rich,” one person could be heard saying, while others called the actor a “piece of s—” and told him to “go f— yourself.”

A third could be heard calling him a “murderer,” referencing the 2021 accident.

“You did kill someone though, right? You’re a murderer!” they yelled.

But as the crowd continued to jeer the Beetlejuice star, who was encircled by police officers, Baldwin told the antagonists, “Why don’t you shut the f— up? … You’re really helping your cause.”

“Your career’s tanking, by the way,” one man yelled as Baldwin exited the fray.

A source close to Baldwin told The Messenger that the actor “wasn’t out protesting” when the back-and-forth happened.

“Alec was on his way to volunteer to teach an acting class. He had no intention of going to the protest and was not involved in any way,” the insider said. “He was approached aggressively and repeatedly. The police stepped in to avoid further confrontation so he could make his way to the class safely.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmTheMainCharacter/comments/1cbgxhn/_/l0ykknu

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Alec Baldwin clashes with 'Free Palestine' protester: 'Why did you kill that lady?'
Actor slaps agitator's phone away in viral exchange

Published Apr 24, 2024 • Last updated 1 day ago • 4 minute read

Alec Baldwin was caught on camera getting into a tussle with “ambush interviewer” Crackhead Barney, who berated the actor as she demanded he say “Free Palestine” on video.

The Oscar nominee was at the cash register on the phone inside a New York City coffee shop when the troublemaker began to relentlessly harass him.

“Alec, can you please say ‘Free Palestine’ one time,” the far-left activist said. “Free Palestine, Alec, just one time, and I’ll leave you alone,” she continued. “I’ll leave you alone, I swear.”

In the midst of a phone call, the 30 Rock star initially didn’t engage, but the provocateur then brought up the October 2021 shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust, a movie Baldwin produced and stars in, calling him a “f—ing criminal.”

Baldwin allegedly discharged the firearm that took Hutchins’ life but has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. He’s set to go on trial this summer.

Earlier this month, Rust’s armourer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who supervised weaponry on set, was sentenced to 18 months in prison after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Hutchins’ death.

“Why did you kill that lady? You killed that lady and got no jail time. No jail time, Alec. They’re putting innocent people in jail Alec Baldwin,” the agitator continued. “Just say Free Palestine one time … f— Israel, f— Zionism.”

Baldwin told Crackhead Barney to “get out” and asked an employee to call the police. As the nearly one-minute video came to an end, he then violently slapped the phone out of her hand.

Crackhead Barney shared a clip of their exchange on X, where it racked up nearly 13 million views by Wednesday morning.

“White devil Alec Baldwin attacked me. While I was trying to get coffee,” she captioned the video.

As the interaction went viral, X added a community note at the bottom of the clip that reads, “The person filming this video was not ‘trying to get coffee.’ They repeatedly and viciously harassed Alec Baldwin and refused to leave the establishment when asked to by the staff. There is also no evidence they were attacked.”

On social media, an overwhelming number of viewers praised Baldwin’s restraint.

“He should have just been left alone. Why do we need his opinion on Palestine and why would he give it after being accused him of murdering someone? Quick get your phone it’s Alec Baldwin let’s harass him real quick,” one person wrote on Reddit, with another adding, “These f—ing activists are the absolute worst. So smug and sanctimonious. Great restraint from Alec not to smack the s— out of that a–hole.”

When reached for comment, a publicist for Crackhead Barney told Entertainment Weekly that she hoped the incident would expose “double standards of society in the U.S.”

“My performance art and confrontational media is a statement about the double standards of society in the U.S. As the U.S. supports Israel in the genocide of Palestinians, here at home powerful people maintain a facade of politeness and dignity while we export death and terror around the world,” the statement reads. “Amid mass protests and public calls for an end to U.S. support of Israel, the entertainment industry has been largely silent, and in some cases, even supportive of Israel’s genocide. This cannot stand, and people deserve to be confronted with the horrors our nation funds and supports. I stand with the movement for Palestinian liberation and the end of the apartheid state of Israel as we know it. Free Palestine, end the occupation, end the settlements, and end U.S. Imperialism.”

The New York Post reported that as the scuffle continued onto the street, Crackhead Barney was heard saying Baldwin “assaulted me, I should press charges.”

The video comes after Baldwin became embroiled in a back-and-forth with a vocal group of anti-Israel protesters in December when they spotted him near a demonstration and tried to criticize him for supporting Israel in its war against Hamas.

As they took aim at the actor’s “tanking” career, Baldwin, 66, quickly fired back in footage that was livestreamed and went viral on social media.

One person could be heard yelling, “Whose pocket are you in?”

“I’m in Hollywood’s pocket, you say? You’ve already got your mind made up,” Baldwin responded. “You ask stupid questions,” he continued as his voice began to rise. “Ask me a smart question, and I’ll answer your question.”

The three-time Emmy winner gamely tried to keep his cool as protesters tried to engage with him.

“You’re not bigger than us because you’re white and rich,” one person could be heard saying, while others called the actor a “piece of s—” and told him to “go f— yourself.”

A third could be heard calling him a “murderer,” referencing the 2021 accident.

“You did kill someone though, right? You’re a murderer!” they yelled.

But as the crowd continued to jeer the Beetlejuice star, who was encircled by police officers, Baldwin told the antagonists, “Why don’t you shut the f— up? … You’re really helping your cause.”

“Your career’s tanking, by the way,” one man yelled as Baldwin exited the fray.

A source close to Baldwin told The Messenger that the actor “wasn’t out protesting” when the back-and-forth happened.

“Alec was on his way to volunteer to teach an acting class. He had no intention of going to the protest and was not involved in any way,” the insider said. “He was approached aggressively and repeatedly. The police stepped in to avoid further confrontation so he could make his way to the class safely.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmTheMainCharacter/comments/1cbgxhn/_/l0ykknu
Makes one wonder about the parents of these leftards. I'm thinking we made a big mistake by not forcing birth control in the 70s and 80s.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Crackhead Barney' says she was 'maimed' by Alec Baldwin in coffee shop melee
'Do you see the damage Alec did to me? Look at my arms! ... I was maimed. My hand is broken. My neck is broken'

Published Apr 25, 2024 • Last updated 2 days ago • 2 minute read

After harassing Alec Baldwin at a New York City coffee shop, performance artist “Crackhead Barney” has claimed she was “maimed” by the actor after he slapped her cellphone out of her hands.

During an interview with Piers Morgan on his Uncensored program, the ambush interviewer spoke out on her interaction with the Oscar nominee inside a cafe this week when she demanded he say “Free Palestine” on camera.

Baldwin, 66, was at the cash register on the phone inside a coffee shop when the troublemaker began to relentlessly harass him.

In the midst of a phone call, the 30 Rock star initially didn’t engage, but the provocateur then brought up the October 2021 shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust, a movie Baldwin produced and stars in, calling him a “f***ing criminal.”

“Why did you kill that lady? You killed that lady and got no jail time. No jail time, Alec. They’re putting innocent people in jail Alec Baldwin,” the agitator continued. “Just say Free Palestine one time … f*** Israel, f*** Zionism.”

Addressing the fracas in conversation with Morgan, the unhinged Crackhead Barney appeared in white makeup sporting a neck brace, with her arm in a sling and a set of crutches. Her top was also pulled up, revealing her nearly bare chest

“Look at me. Piers, I was maimed by a White man,” she said, standing up. “Do you see the damage Alec did to me? Look at my arms! … I was maimed. My hand is broken. My neck is broken.”

Crackhead Barney also tried to berate Morgan into saying “Free Palestine.”

“Piers f***ing Morgan … What’s wrong with saying ‘Free Palestine’?” the rabble rouser asked. “Piers, can you say ‘Free, Free Palestine’ for me?”

When he was eventually able to get a word in over her shrieks, Morgan insisted, “I absolutely believe that Palestine should be free.”

Morgan then accused her of trivializing Israel’s war against Hamas with Barney replying: “I’m always serious… I’m a victim, I’m a victim, Piers … Look, Piers, you’re trying to spin this into some bulls***. I know exactly what you’re doing, Piers, and your tactics.”

With over 10,000 followers on X and almost 100,000 on Instagram, Crackhead Barney has been ambushing people in public since at least 2020, including a viral tussle with Andrew Giuliani, the son of Rudy Giuliani, in 2021.

When reached for comment on her dustup with Baldwin, a publicist for Barney told Entertainment Weekly that she hoped the incident would expose “double standards of society in the U.S.”

“My performance art and confrontational media is a statement about the double standards of society in the U.S. As the U.S. supports Israel in the genocide of Palestinians, here at home powerful people maintain a facade of politeness and dignity while we export death and terror around the world,” the statement read in part.

mdaniell@postmedia.com

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
'Crackhead Barney' says she was 'maimed' by Alec Baldwin in coffee shop melee
'Do you see the damage Alec did to me? Look at my arms! ... I was maimed. My hand is broken. My neck is broken'

Published Apr 25, 2024 • Last updated 2 days ago • 2 minute read

After harassing Alec Baldwin at a New York City coffee shop, performance artist “Crackhead Barney” has claimed she was “maimed” by the actor after he slapped her cellphone out of her hands.

During an interview with Piers Morgan on his Uncensored program, the ambush interviewer spoke out on her interaction with the Oscar nominee inside a cafe this week when she demanded he say “Free Palestine” on camera.

Baldwin, 66, was at the cash register on the phone inside a coffee shop when the troublemaker began to relentlessly harass him.

In the midst of a phone call, the 30 Rock star initially didn’t engage, but the provocateur then brought up the October 2021 shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust, a movie Baldwin produced and stars in, calling him a “f***ing criminal.”

“Why did you kill that lady? You killed that lady and got no jail time. No jail time, Alec. They’re putting innocent people in jail Alec Baldwin,” the agitator continued. “Just say Free Palestine one time … f*** Israel, f*** Zionism.”

Addressing the fracas in conversation with Morgan, the unhinged Crackhead Barney appeared in white makeup sporting a neck brace, with her arm in a sling and a set of crutches. Her top was also pulled up, revealing her nearly bare chest

“Look at me. Piers, I was maimed by a White man,” she said, standing up. “Do you see the damage Alec did to me? Look at my arms! … I was maimed. My hand is broken. My neck is broken.”

Crackhead Barney also tried to berate Morgan into saying “Free Palestine.”

“Piers f***ing Morgan … What’s wrong with saying ‘Free Palestine’?” the rabble rouser asked. “Piers, can you say ‘Free, Free Palestine’ for me?”

When he was eventually able to get a word in over her shrieks, Morgan insisted, “I absolutely believe that Palestine should be free.”

Morgan then accused her of trivializing Israel’s war against Hamas with Barney replying: “I’m always serious… I’m a victim, I’m a victim, Piers … Look, Piers, you’re trying to spin this into some bulls***. I know exactly what you’re doing, Piers, and your tactics.”

With over 10,000 followers on X and almost 100,000 on Instagram, Crackhead Barney has been ambushing people in public since at least 2020, including a viral tussle with Andrew Giuliani, the son of Rudy Giuliani, in 2021.

When reached for comment on her dustup with Baldwin, a publicist for Barney told Entertainment Weekly that she hoped the incident would expose “double standards of society in the U.S.”

“My performance art and confrontational media is a statement about the double standards of society in the U.S. As the U.S. supports Israel in the genocide of Palestinians, here at home powerful people maintain a facade of politeness and dignity while we export death and terror around the world,” the statement read in part.

mdaniell@postmedia.com
Too bad he didn't break her jaw, so she would shut up for a while.