2024 Stock Market

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Not in Canada. As long as the government controls the quality and price, the black market will thrive and more licensed growers will continue to fail. Much the same is happening in Colorado, which is the only other place I have contacts. The government grossly over estimated the market.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
2024 will be a good year for pot stocks imo. Now is a good time to buy.
Not really, the only ones making money are private owned small craft growers with high end products. Even if the US went legal we would not be exporting. We cant compete.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Not really, the only ones making money are private owned small craft growers with high end products. Even if the US went legal we would not be exporting. We cant compete.
Even the high end guys are going broke. Tantalus Labs recently added to that list. Of course someone is buying all those up. AVNT,TO is one.

1.25 million short shares listed for Tilray as of last Dec.15. The U.S. going legal would alleviate that. Right now they have it about as low as it can go before they are all out of business imo. Then what?

Securities regulations in Canada need to be revisited.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Algoma Steel in Sault Ste Marie has revenue comparable to Stelco in Hamilton with a $11.50 share price vs $45 for Stelco. Stelco pays a nice $1.68 per share dividend and has come a long way from $4 in 2020. Good chance Stelco retreats but also a good chance Algoma increases. Speculative watch recommendation.

Petros is right about Uranium as well. buy, buy, buy...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Algoma Steel in Sault Ste Marie has revenue comparable to Stelco in Hamilton with a $11.50 share price vs $45 for Stelco. Stelco pays a nice $1.68 per share dividend and has come a long way from $4 in 2020. Good chance Stelco retreats but also a good chance Algoma increases. Speculative watch recommendation.

Petros is right about Uranium as well. buy, buy, buy...
I heard somethin of a coker and blast furnace being fired up again.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
After the banks, Lululemon is one of Canada's largest companies with a $62 billion market cap. I'd be surprised if they did their manufacturing in Canada.

Bombardier has a market cap of $4.5 billion and has contracts to build planes for America's military.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
They need to come up with a solution for the black box trading algorithms. Wipes out millions in the blink of an eye without human input. A.I. is going to make it worse. Must have been a bank strategy to promote RRSP loans back when and now it appears to have been the worst investment possible. Would have been better off to buy motorcycles and boats.

Meanwhile BBD down 15% after reporting another record quarter. Market cap is 25% of annual sales.

Reactions: petros

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

More to come with these people. Jim Farley is doing a great job. Quarterly sales $42 billion, market cap $51 billion.

Meanwhile Tesla has quarterly sales of $21 billion and a market cap of $520 billion. Promising to be better though.

Walk out to any parking lot and count Teslas and Broncos. Then make your investment decision.

Makes me feel sorry for Cathy Wood being as she is kind of homely to start and now she is losing her money fast.