Amanda Knox: Guilty or victim of conspiracy?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amanda Knox 'facing her fears' and returning to Italy
Brad Hunter
Published:
March 25, 2019
Updated:
March 25, 2019 1:45 PM EDT
The notorious Foxy Knoxy says she is going to "face her fears" and return to Italy.THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Amanda Knox is returning to the scene of the crime.
The 31-year-old notorious femme fatale said at the True Crime festival in New York she is mustering her courage and returning to Italy.
The young party girl was arrested and charged with the murder of her British roommate 12 years ago in what cops said was an orgy that went off the rails.
Knox — originally from Seattle — was originally convicted of the brutal slaying of Meredith Kercher before eventually being cleared.
Cops say British exchange student Meredith Kercher was killed in an orgy gone awry. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Now, Foxy Knoxy is going to “face her fears” and return to Perugia.
Story continues below
“It’s very scary and every day you need to face up to something new that is terrifying but I’ve been lucky and I am healing,” Knox told The UK Sun.
“I have an amazing family and friends and an incredible support network. But you have got to face up to your fears alone if you want to heal and I know the main thing that still terrifies me most is returning to Italy.
The house in Italy where Meredith Kercher was murdered in 2007. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
“It’s something I know I have to do and I will do it but it really does scare me.”
Knox and her Italian beau, Rafaelle Sollecito, served four years in a dank Italian prison before being exonerated in 2015.
‘I miss her’; Foxy Knoxy mourns Meredith Kercher 10 years later
Court rejects bid for new trial in Meredith Kercher murder
Only person convicted in Meredith Kercher murder seeks acquittal
Italy’s top court threw out Knox conviction because no proof she was at murder scene
Amanda Knox retrial ordered for Meredith Kercher murder
Kercher, 21, was found semi-naked with her throat cut in the home she shared with Knox. She had been sexually assaulted.
Cops said the slaying was a sex-game-gone-awry.
Local barman Rudy Hermann Guede from the Ivory Coast was convicted of the sex slaying. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
But Knox and Sollecito always maintained their innocence claiming they were watching a movie and smoking dope at the time of the killing.
Local bartender, Rudy Hermann Guede, is serving a 16-year sentence for Kercher’s murder.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/amanda-knox-facing-her-fears-and-returning-to-italy

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Foxy Knoxy claims prison guard cornered her in shower
American Media Inc.
Published:
March 28, 2019
Updated:
March 28, 2019 9:02 AM EDT
Amanda Knox.photo
Amanda Knox spent nearly four years in an Italian prison for the murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher. On her podcast, The Truth About True Crime with Amanda Knox, she revealed the alleged sexual misconduct she experienced behind bars.
“There were moments when I was locked away that I feared sexual abuse,” Knox, 31, said on the podcast. “A guard once cornered me in the shower and tried to kiss me.”
She then explained how the vice-warden would interrogate her “each night” during her first weeks locked up.
“He would probe me about my sex life and ask if I would f— him,” she admitted. “I pretended not to understand his Italian.”
Fortunately for Knox, she was “never raped.”
Story continues below
“I made it through those years unscathed in that regard,” she said.
As Radar readers know, Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison in 2009 for the murder of Kercher. The ruling was overturned in 2011.
Two years later, Knox was retried and her acquittal was overturned.
Then in 2015, the Italian Hugh Court reversed the decision.
In January 2018, the European Human Rights Court ordered Italy to pay Knox $20,000 in damages because of her mistreatment during the trial.
Knox has also moved on in her romantic life, as her longtime boyfriend Christopher Robinson proposed in November 2018.
Wedding bells for Foxy Knoxy: Amanda Knox, boyfriend release ‘E.T.’-themed proposal on YouTube
Wedding bells for Foxy Knoxy: Amanda Knox, boyfriend release ‘E.T.’-themed proposal on YouTube
Foxy Knoxy ‘facing her fears’ and returning to Italy
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...xual-abuse-claims-italian-prison-murder-trial
http://torontosun.com/news/world/foxy-knoxy-claims-prison-guard-cornered-her-in-shower

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amanda Knox offering up a book of love poems in exchange for donations for her wedding
American Media Inc.
Published:
July 20, 2019
Updated:
July 20, 2019 11:54 PM EDT
Amanda Knox (R) and her boyfriend, author Chris Robinson attend a cocktail event on the eve of the opening of the Criminal Justice Festival, at the Law University of Modena, northern Italy on June 13, 2019. MARCO BERTORELLO / AFP/Getty Images
Amanda Knox is preparing for her wedding to fiance Christopher Gerald Robinson, and she’s begging for some help online, RadarOnline.com has learned.
In a website linked to her latest Instagram post, the notorious young woman who was ultimately cleared of murder charges writes bizarrely of how her and Robinson’s relationship relates to various facets of their union to the galactic world.
Then in the “invitation,” a link to RSVP is accessible for fans as well as an option to view the couple’s registry.
However, upon clicking the latter, there is no list of desired gifts. Instead, the pair simply request donations.
“Let’s face it, we don’t need any more stuff,” the registry reads. “What we do need is help putting on the best party ever for our family and friends!”
“Now we’re asking for help so that we can shower our friends and family with love and celebration,” the post continues. “Instead of a traditional registry, we are asking for donations towards the cost of the wedding. Whether you’re attending or not, all are welcome to donate to specific costs, or at a patron level.”
In exchange for the donations, every donor will receive a signed, limited edition copy of their book of love poems, entitled The Cardio Tesseract.
As Radar reported, Knox got engaged in November 2018. Robinson proposed at her Seattle home.
Much like their invitation, the proposal was very much E.T.-themed.
Knox’s request for donations amid wedding planning comes after she was compensated US$20,000 in damages for the way she was mistreated during her former roommate’s murder trial.
Meredith Kercher was brutally murdered and found in a pool of blood in a student house that she shared with Knox in Perugia, Italy, in November 2007. Kercher had been stabbed multiple times and her throat had been slashed.
Knox and then-boyfriend Rafaelle Sollecito were found guilty of murder and sexual assault of Kercher in December 2009; she was subsequently sentenced to 26 years in prison and Sollecito got 25 years.
But the convictions were later overturned, they were acquitted of all charges, and the case was closed.
Now, Knox and her new beloved hope the public can help them have a wedding to remember.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/07/amanda-knox-asks-help-pay-wedding
http://knoxrobinson.com/coalescence.html
http://knoxrobinson.com/registry.html
http://alephactory.com/store/p8/The_Cardio_Tesseract_(poems).html
http://torontosun.com/news/world/am...ems-in-exchange-for-donations-for-her-wedding

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amanda Knox breaks down over Meredith Kercher's death years after her murder acquittal
American Media Inc.
Published:
November 18, 2019
Updated:
November 18, 2019 11:42 PM EST
Amanda Knox cries as she speaks at the Criminal Justice Festival in Modena, Italy, on June 15, 2019.Guglielmo Mangiapane / Reuters / Files
Amanda Knox has publicly broken down after serving a four-year sentence for the murder of Meredith Kercher before the conviction was overturned. Now, Knox is shedding tears for her slain roommate on an episode of her true crime podcast.
On episode 2 of The Truth About True Crime With Amanda Knox: The Preppy Murder, Knox delves into the 1986 murder of Jennifer Levin. The 18-year-old was found strangled and partially clothed in New York City’s Central Park. Robert Chambers, 19, was arrested, charged and convicted of the murder.
Knox, 32, asked Levin’s friend Jessica Doyle what she would say to her friend if they could speak today.
“To be able to talk it through and just sort of examine what went down and discuss her relationship with Robert,” Doyle said. “What do you think went down with Robert? Why did he decide to turn to murder as a way to express himself? Did you see signs? I’d just love to ask her about it and talk it through. I would like to hear what she has to say. We don’t have her voice here. I would like to hear her voice.”
Knox responded, “I’ve often thought the same thing about Meredith.”
Story continues below
You could then hear her fighting back tears on the episode, as Doyle responded, “I bet you have honey … Jesus.”
Knox then narrated, “To me, she brought to mind my own missing friend and roommate, and the desperation of wanting to hear her voice again. Not just because she knows the real truth, but because she deserves to be heard.”
After Knox hung up with Doyle, she explained how she couldn’t bring herself to leave her vocal booth. She then said how her husband Chris Robinson left the tape rolling.
“You OK?” he asked, as she responded, “I’m OK. Sad. I have a lot of unanswered questions too, ya know?”
She then narrated, “There are always unanswered questions when someone’s life is cut short. Things only they would know with what really happened at the moment of their death. But unanswered questions are hard to bear. So over time, we tell ourselves larger stories that don’t fill in those crucial gaps as much as they try to make sense of the senseless.”
Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were sentenced to 26 years in prison for the 2007 murder of Kercher, who was Knox’s 21-year-old British roommate while living in Perugia, Italy.
They were released from prison in 2011 after spending nearly four years behind bars. The convictions were reinstated in 2014, but Italy’s highest court acquitted them again in 2015.
Knox has broken down in public several times since her release, but crying over Kercher is rare for the podcast host.
Most recently in June 2019, she attended an Italian panel discussion entitled Trial by Media. The event was her first time in Italy since her acquittal.
“To the world, I wasn’t a suspect, innocent until proven guilty, I was a cunning psychopathic, dirty, drugged-up whore who was guilty until proven otherwise,” she cried to the audience, explaining how she considered suicide while in prison.
Piers Morgan, who worked with Kercher’s father, actually slammed Knox over the event.
“Out of respect for Meredith Kercher’s poor family, Amanda Knox should stop her self-pitying ‘all about me’ victim tour – and shut up,” he tweeted.
Out of respect for Meredith Kercher's poor family, Amanda Knox should stop her self-pitying 'all about me' victim tour – and shut up. pic.twitter.com/V8DUlNlPMR
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) June 15, 2019

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-meredith-kercher-murder-years-after-aquittal
http://art19.com/shows/the-truth-about-true-crime
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/am...rchers-death-years-after-her-murder-acquittal

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amanda Knox poses in old ‘prison uniform’
American Media Inc.
Published:
January 20, 2020
Updated:
January 20, 2020 3:41 PM EST
Amanda Knox is not ashamed of her past.
While running errands ahead of her wedding to fiance Christopher Robinson, Knox, 32, put on her old jailhouse attire for a quick Instagram post.
“40 days left until the wedding and 267 tasks left on the wedding To Do list. I’ve locked myself in the craftroom and I’m wearing my old prison uniform. Literally the very same sweatshirt and sweatpants I lived in in Casa Circondariale Capanne, Perugia,” she wrote in the caption.
In the shot, Knox wears a white sweater, grey sweatpants, a grey beanie and matching socks. With a smile, she flexes her muscle, seemingly referencing the infamous “We Can Do It!” wartime poster.
As RadarOnline.com readers know, Knox — a University of Washington student — spent almost four years in an Italian prison after being convicted for the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher, a fellow exchange student who was her roommate while abroad. Knox maintained her innocence until the end and was finally acquitted by the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation in 2015. Knox’s boyfriend at the time, Raffaele Sollecito, was also accused and later acquitted.
Story continues below
Now that she’s free, Knox is raising awareness about the many issues in the judicial system in hopes of preventing others from going through what she did. In 2016 she participated in a Netflix documentary about her case. The film was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards. In 2018, Knox began hosting the VICE and Facebook show, The Scarlet Letter Reports, where she addresses the nature of public shaming.
Knox has been dating Seattle-based author Robinson since late 2015, when she met him at a book launch for War of the Encyclopaedists. They now share three cats, Mr. Screams, Mr. Fats and Emil. While they’ve remained relative low-key about their relationship, they received backlash in July 2019 after asking fans to fund their wedding despite having already tied the knot in secret!
Radar broke the news of their secret marriage.
Amanda Knox breaks down over Meredith Kercher's death years after her murder acquittal
Foxy Knoxy, Lorena Bobbitt bond over being 'shamed and vilified' by crime cases
Amanda Knox offering up a book of love poems in exchange for donations for her wedding

http://torontosun.com/entertainment/celebrity/amanda-knox-poses-in-old-prison-uniform

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amanda Knox blasts Matt Damon's 'Stillwater' for profiting off her story
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Jul 30, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Amanda Knox, who has returned to Italy for the first time since being cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, cries as she speaks at the Criminal Justice Festival in Modena, Italy June 15, 2019.
Amanda Knox, who has returned to Italy for the first time since being cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, cries as she speaks at the Criminal Justice Festival in Modena, Italy June 15, 2019. PHOTO BY GUGLIELMO MANGIAPANE /REUTERS
Article content
LOS ANGELES — Amanda Knox, the American woman who was tried and acquitted of murder in Italy more than a decade ago, has hit out at a Hollywood movie that she said seeks to profit off her name without her consent.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Knox, who spent four years in jail in Perugia, Italy, before being acquitted of the 2007 murder of her roommate, expressed her frustration as “Stillwater” opened in U.S. movie theaters this week.

Amanda Knox blasts Matt Damon's 'Stillwater' for profiting off her story
Close sticky video

Director Tom McCarthy has said the Amanda Knox case inspired the film about an American oil rig worker who travels to France to help his daughter who is in prison for a murder she says she didn’t commit.

The movie, starring Matt Damon, is seen as a potential Oscar contender.

“Does my name belong to me? My face? What about my life? My story? Why does my name refer to events I had no hand in? I return to these questions because others continue to profit off my name, face, & story without my consent. Most recently, the film #STILLWATER,” Knox wrote in a lengthy post on her Twitter account on Thursday.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The Stillwater filmmakers did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In a recent interview with the Toronto Sun, Damon said the film was loosely inspired by the Knox case, but is a “much more human story.”

“I think (co-writer and director) Tom (McCarthy) said the Knox case was a jumping off point,” Damon said. “But he was interested in what happens years later. When the cameras have gone away and the sensationalism dies down — what happens to the family? What if the dad was just a blue-collar guy from Oklahoma? What would life look like for these folks? … I don’t want anyone to go thinking it’s anything about Amanda Knox.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Knox, now 34 and working as a criminal justice activist, said that the movie “reinforces an image of me as a guilty and untrustworthy person.”

“I have not been allowed to return to the relative anonymity I had before Perugia,” Knox said. “My only option is to sit idly by while others continue to distort my character, or fight to restore my good reputation that was wrongfully destroyed.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
She invited McCarthy and Damon to hear her point of view by appearing on her “Labyrinths” podcast, which deals with issues ranging from justice to her personal life.

Rudy Guede, a local man, was found guilty of the murder in Perugia and was sentenced to 16 years in prison.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Will new Amanda Knox slander trial clear her name over sex slaying?

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Published Apr 09, 2024 • Last updated 2 days ago • 3 minute read

For nearly two decades the stench of violent murder has hovered over Amanda Knox.

Now, the 36-year-old former American exchange student in Italy may finally be able to clear her name.

The Seattle native was just 20 when she was convicted with her boyfriend in the sex slaying of her British roommate Meredith Kercher, 21, in 2007. Cops suspected that Kercher had been stabbed to death when a sex game went off the rails.

Knox’s conviction was tossed by an Italian court in 2016.

The mother of two pointed the finger at a Congolese bar owner resulting in the slander charge. But the European Court of Human Rights ruled last November that Knox’s rights had been violated.

Another man whose DNA was found at the crime scene was convicted.

The slander trial starts Wednesday in Florence.

“On the one hand, I am glad I have this chance to clear my name, and hopefully that will take away the stigma that I have been living with,” Knox, said on her podcast Labyrinths in December.

Cops say British exchange student Meredith Kercher was killed in an orgy gone awry.
Cops say British exchange student Meredith Kercher was killed in an orgy gone awry.
“On the other hand, I don’t know if it ever will, in the way I am still traumatized by it. I am sure people will still hold it against me because they don’t want to understand what happened, and they don’t want to accept that an innocent person can be gaslit and coerced into what I went through.”

Knox said on her podcast that she expects to testify, but her lawyer said she is not expected in court for opening day.

The Kercher family lawyer, Francesco Maresca, said the high court’s exoneration did little in his mind to dispel doubts following Knox’s conviction by a trial court and two appeals courts, the first confirming her sentence of 26 years and the second raising it to 28 1/2 years.

“This trial never ends,” Maresca told The Associated Press, obscuring “the memory of poor Meredith, who is always remembered for these procedural aspects and not as a student and young woman.”

Among his doubts, Maresca cited Knox’s confused retraction of her accusation against the Congolese bar owner, Patrick Lumumba, and the verdict in Rudy Guede’s conviction for killing Kercher that maintains that the Ivorian man did not act alone.

Now 36, Guede was released from prison in 2021 after serving 13 years of a 16-year term handed down in a fast-track trial.

Guede was recently ordered to wear a monitoring bracelet and not leave his home at night after an ex-girlfriend accused him of physical and sexual abuse. An investigation is ongoing.

Knox’s new trial will admit just one piece of evidence: her four-page handwritten statement that the court will examine to see if it contains elements to support slander against Lumumba. He was held in jail for two weeks before police released him. Lumumba has since left Italy.

Two earlier statements typed up by police that Knox signed in the wee hours of Nov. 7, 2007, that contained the accusation, and were considered the most incriminating, have been ruled inadmissible by Italy’s highest court.

The four-page letter, which she wrote in the same 53-hour span of questioning over four days starting Nov. 6, reflects someone in a state of confusion trying to reconcile what police have told her with her own recollections.

“In regards to this ‘confession’ that I made last night, I want to make clear that I’m very doubtful of the verity of my statements because they were made under the pressures of stress, shock and extreme exhaustion,” Knox wrote.

Detectives told Knox she was looking at 30 years in the slammer.

One human rights lawyer said of the suspicions many Italians carry about Knox: ”Italy does not have the maturity to accept an exoneration, because social prejudices are stronger than the finding.“

— With files from The Associated Press

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun